Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hip, hip, hooray! Last day of school today!

Today is the last day of school for my kids. Of course, it's a half day. That means I have to scramble to clean up before they get home so they can mess it all up again. haha. Last night and this morning was a scramble to get teacher thank you cards completed and gift cards purchased.


Keeping Amy's Layout Challenge in mind, I created this card for my 2nd grader's teacher and included a gift card to a local coffee company. They have a drive through coffee stand, as well as a coffee/sandwich shop further toward 'Old Town' where she can sit outside and enjoy the view while slurpin up some java or something.






Now for my 5th grader's teacher, I made this card. His teacher plays electric guitar and he's in his early to mid 30s, I would guess. I thought he might appreciate an iTunes giftcard. I found one that said 'Thank you' on it and included it in this pocket card. You can't see it but I stamped the large and small A Muse Asterisks in red, on the red pocket. I love Lexi's Warhol-ish take on the rockstar image and had to use it here.




It's been a fabulous school year. I feel so lucky to have a school so close by with the most amazing teaching staff. I'm a little nervous about Middle School in the fall but I'm sure everything will work out fine. For now, I'm ready to enjoy summer...now I just need the sun and warm weather to catch up.

2 comments:

Becky Rusher said...

Awesome cards, Novell! My kids are already home messing up the house! ;)

Michelle Clark said...

Awesome cards! I am sure the teachers loved them!