Saturday, June 21, 2008

Busted!

I hadn't really disclosed to anyone in my family, other than my sister, that I have this blog. Well, I got busted by my niece this week. She found me. Hi, Missy! Since she said she's going to be spying on me from here out, I figured I'd better just call her out. If she's brave, maybe she'll leave me a comment.


My nephew Mark and his wife Darcie are expecting their second baby next month. I bought an adorable little outfit at Janie and Jack, which is a very cute little boutique baby shop. Apparently the outfit was so cute that my niece, Alysia, also bought it for their baby. Ha! Anyway, the little shopping bags and gift boxes from Janie and Jack are beautifully patterned...very Laura Ashley like, I think. I knew right away that I had some patterned paper in my stash that was a perfect match and pulled out my Sheep set from The Saltbox Studio to make a baby card for the shower I attended today. Here's a picture of the shopping bag, gift box, and my card:




And here's a picture of the card by itself:



This patterned paper might look familiar to you. I used it on this pocket card back in April. This fabulous paper is from the Baby 2 Bride collection by Graphic 45. The notecard base is Blush Blossom and the patterned paper is layered onto Groovy Guava by Stampin Up. I stamped the fence from the Saltbox fence set, then stamped the sheep onto a scrap of paper, colored it, cut it out, then mounted it so it looks like it's jumping the fence. I stamped the little stars using So Saffron by Stampin Up, then added a little bit of twinkle with a Clear atyou Spica Glitter Pen. The sentiment was made using a combination of stamps from Saltbox (Sheep sayings). The peach stitched ribbon from A Muse was a perfect match to complete the final touch on the card. I love the end result.


Amuse-a-palooza:
Just a reminder that there are a few things wrapping up tomorrow:
Clue Game - ends Sunday June 22
Challenge 3 - Out of the Box challenge with Elena - ends Sunday June 22
Mystery Hostess - Twinkle Time challenge with Taylor - ends Sunday June 22
Next week brings a new game, new challenge, and new Mystery Hostess! Remember, you must be a registered Amuse-a-palooza participant to win!

I've added my Amuse-a-palooza schedule to the right column. Be sure to check it out and get signed up. I would love to see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable, Novell!