Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ay! Chihuahua!


It's been raining again. Yeah, I know. Big surprise! To keep myself in a good mood, I've been stamping up a storm. I picked up a bunch of little Inkadinkado sets in the Jo-Ann's Dollar Bin and have been creating lots of cards with them. What a deal for a buck! On this card, I paired the little Chihuahua with the A Muse Fancy Borders clear set to make it look like a Fiesta. The sentiment could easily be replaced with 'Happy Birthday' and I think I'm gonna do just that. I need a birthday card for my oldest son's friend, who is having a party tomorrow. I think he'd get a kick out of this chihuahua. I added some Stardust Stickles to the party banners (the little dots on the ends) and added some A Muse Twinkle Stickers to the cactus to make it a blooming one. The images were colored with Copics. Have I said I love my Copics? LOL. My youngest son tells me I like this Chihuahua because it must remind me of the book, Skippyjon Jones. It's one of our favorites. I read it with little accents and it just gets my son rolling. It's a story about a Siamese cat who thinks he's a Chihuahua. He gets in trouble and gets sent to his room and his imagination just goes wild.


The great thing about A Muse stamps is not only are they awesome on their own, but they can be paired with so many other manufacturer's stamps to create totally cute cards! Don't be afraid to mix it up a little. Stretch your imagination!


Just a little reminder to check the Amuseapalooza blog regularly as there are lots of fun challenges, contest, and prizes while we gear ourselves up toward the big Amuseapalooza reveal. We are currently in round 3 of Amuse Feud and the first Challenge has been posted.


Now I'm off for a field trip to the beach with my 2nd grader's class. What an icky day for this.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

OMG! This is soooo stinkin' cute Novell. I want this little guy. He looks like my next door neighbor's dog. I espcially love the flags. Great job!

Elena said...

Oooohhhhhh...my name is Skippito Friskito and I fear not a single bandito... Guess what we've read lots (all of the titles) and now have as books on CD? Love the chihuahua :)

Anonymous said...

This is ADORABLE!!!!! I never find dollar stamps at the Joann's by me. You are so lucky!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

So cute!! I just picked up a bunch of these at my JoAnn's, and darn it, I was trying to be good and passed on this one. Now I have to go back and get it!!

Tami said...

I love this card.