Monday, December 31, 2007

Ringing in a New Year

What are your traditions for ringing in the New Year? My husband and I usually split up on New Years Day. His mom makes a New Years Day dinner with Ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, etc. I typically go to my mom's friend's house for traditional Japanese New Year food. My husband made his mandatory appearance there early in our marriage and has not been back since. LOL. He is not very adventurous when it comes to trying new foods and let's face it, some of that asian food looks weird. The kids usually go with my husband so they can play with their cousins. I don't mind at all because I can truly enjoy my yummy grub without interruption. I have known many of these people since I was in middle school. It's nice to catch up with them, even if they are my mom's friends.


I don't have any New Years cards to share but have some winter and Valentine classes coming up in the near future. I'll share one of those samples. If you check the right column of my blog, you will see my class schedule. I am especially excited to share my Valentine creations with you because I think they are so fun and cute! If you would like to attend a class, be sure to call the store(s) and sign up in advance.


I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year.
Card details:
A Muse Cardstock: black/white bold stripe notecard, Swiss Red notecard punch with Marvy Mega Scalloped Heart punch; Stamps: 2-6106D Bandit (punched out with Marvy Giga Scalloped Heart Punch), 8-8476B Stole My Heart, 3-5057B Micro Oval; 3-1075A Heart Trio (inked one and stamped onto Bandit's bag); Ribbon: May Arts; Ink: Memories Black Dye Inkpad; Versafine Satin Red; Colorbox Chalk Creamy Brown; Markers: Copic Barely Beige

5 comments:

Elena said...

Happy New Year Novell (I thought of you today when I saw a special VA license plate with YOUR NAME ON IT!). I relly like your card, too.

Anonymous said...

This card is soooo cute!

Happy New Year!

Rhonda said...

This is awesome!! Now you're making me want those Marvy heart punches!! NOOOOO, MUST RESIST!!!! LOL!! Not likely after seeing this!! Such a cool card! I love how the shirt ties in with the base card! TFS!

Happy New Year!!

Nicole said...

This bandit is one of my latest favorites. Golly it's just such a creative image!! I love your scalloped heart frame! Hugs.

Michelle M White said...

CUTE!!! I love the combo with the scalloped hearts! I need those!