Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm back!


I'm back from the Happiest Place on Earth, Disneyland!!! Our local middle school band travels to Disneyland every 2 years over Spring Break to perform. This is the last year for quite a while so we knew we had to go to support the band and have some fun of our own, too. We hopped on a plane (we got the Genie painted plane!) with some friends and traveled to sunny CA for a fun-filled week. Oh my gosh, I thought my feet were going to fall off before the trip was even over!




We caught two of the band's performances but missed their award ceremony (they took 1st place!) because we were just landing during the ceremony. Right after we landed, we went straight to our hotel and then right over to the park. We watched a fun Disney parade and my friend's daughter even got to dance with some of the cast. Look, Minnie is pointing right at me!



Since our trip was for 6 days, we made sure to get a Park Hopper over to California Adventure. Who doesn't love the Grizzly River Run? The kids loved getting soaked and it sure was a great way to cool off on a hot day. Unfortunately, the warm weather didn't last for more than a few days. Maybe that wasn't so bad. We were able to take the kids over to the hotel pool to cool off, where they had a mean game of Marco Polo with other kids staying at the hotel (and a dad or two, too!). 



One of my brother-in-laws lives in CA, about 25 miles away from Disney so we took advantage of that and drove over to his house for a visit. We met his very funny English Bulldog, Fendi. She had us laughing cuz she was so silly. This is her sun chair. 



During our visit with my brother-in-law and his family, we went for lunch at Laguna Beach. We had a lovely view from the deck of a beachside restaurant. 



Okay, enough with the pictures! As you can see, we had a lovely time but it's great to be back home sleeping in my own bed. My kids haven't been to Disney since they were 4 and 1. Now they are 12 and 8 and it was perfect! I'm ready to go back soon, much to my husband's dismay. LOL

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Your photos are great! Looks like you all had a great time!

Joyce said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you all had a great time!

Lori Barnett said...

OMG!!!! That DOG and the Tongue!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA