Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stamp Club Projects



I'm not in a Stampin Up Stamp Club any more but I've been spending more time with my friend, Lisa (I know a lot of Lisa's!) who is in an SU Stamp Club. Last night, it was her turn to host so I attended. We had some really nice projects to work on but I always take projects home and tweak them to work for me. It can cost a lot for demos to provide materials to make cards really fancy, which I totally understand, and they have to gear them to appeal to the group as a whole. I think this particular pair of demos did an outstanding job with their designs. But I still tweaked some of them. LOL

I don't have any pictures of what the demos' cards looked like but here's what I turned them into.



For this card, I added some retired SU Apple Cider designer paper (DSP). The camera didn't pick it up but on the DSP, you'll see lines of small dots. I added some sparkle to those small dots with my Sakura Glitter Pen. On the word 'Fabulous' I also added some sparkle using the glitter pen. The center of the flower has some glitter on it so IRL (in real life), this card has just a little sparkle to it! I was lucky that they used a set I already own because the sentiment was not part of the original design.



This design was my favorite card, I think. I didn't change a thing!



This card used a technique I'm not familiar with. I don't even know what it's called. The large flower was already stamped onto the black cardstock with white craft ink. We colored over the top of the white craft ink with Prismacolor pencils, then outlined everything with a white gel pen. If anyone knows the name of this technique, would you let me know? This design, I totally tweaked. Actually, they had this mounted with the olive paper of the first card but I liked it with the Really Rust. I also used some of the flower images from the Fabulous Flower set and randomly stamped them all over the rust cardstock. I added the sentiment and flourish from Fancy Flexible Phrases (ret.) and outlined the black oval and Kiwi Kiss strip with my gold Sharpie.



This last card was another favorite of all our projects. I love the design elements and the Tangerine Tango with the Chocolate Chip. It's just so warm and yummy! I stamped the scallop square image by just inking everything but the center sentiment. I saved that for when I got home. Everything else followed the original design by the demos. The sentiment I added is from Happy Harmony (ret.) plus I added a few A Muse Micro Twinkle Dot stickers to fill some dead space. I had used my Stamp-A-Majig but still managed to leave too much space below the sentiment. A little bling fixed that right away!

So there you go! That's what I did last night. I had a lot of fun. It was nice that my friend's stamp club meets just a few blocks away from my house.

Tomorrow I'll be sharing a Saltbox card with you.

2 comments:

jenstamps said...

I have never been to an SU party. The cards you took home look fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Novell
the technique is called Black Magic..
Very nice cards I have the set my need to play now.
I have your stamps and some money!
Cindy