Thursday, October 9, 2008

Halloween



I was browsing through the Splitcoast gallery last night and was intrigued by this card. I liked that the colors were a little different and not the traditional Halloween black and orange combo. I also liked that it wasn't really juvenile and I thought to myself...."Hmmm, I bet I could adapt this to some A Muse stamps." I also had this card of Heather's in mind when I created this.


I used my Martha Stewart Bat Punch for the bats but they didn't pop off the card like I wanted them to so I put them on top of white cardstock and trimmed them out. Then I mounted the bottom one flat, the second one with 1 dimensional, and the third one with 2 dimensionals so it would appear 3-D. I also used a Quickie glue pen to draw little dots of glue for eyes and sprinkled them with some black glitter. What do you think? Does this work for a 'tween?'
I hope to get a sneak peek posted later or tomorrow for the Operation Hero Mail set so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, check the blogs of the other A Muse Creative Team members and be sure to leave some nice comments. We love to hear from you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh ... I like the non-traditional Halloween color palette!

Nicole said...

This turned out great! Love it. Not sure I can make it by this weekend... we shall see, will talk to hubby tonight.

jenstamps said...

I just *love* this card with all the spooky bats!!! I think it's perfect for a tween or teen!!!

Anonymous said...

I had that bat punch in my hand today at Mike's. Now I wish I would have brought it home!!! Love this card!

~amy~ said...

Super Fun Halloween card...I **LOVE** non-traditional colors!

melissa said...

Hi sweet Novell--thanks for your nice comment on my blog---I miss you too--honestly we need a stamping date! I *LOVE* this card...so so so cute! Great job!