When the April A Muse release came out, I was looking at the 'rain' stamp trying to see something new in it. Well, I came up with this.....watermelon seeds! So, I leave you with this fun watermelon card.
I made this card using the red kitchen notecard along with a strip of the green kitchen notecard that I scalloped using a small corner rounder. It needed something to separate it from the red so I put a thin strip of black behind it. To make the watermelon, I use circle punches and then cut part of them off to look like a watermelon slice. I can't remember, but I think I used a 1 1/4" punch for the red and then 1 1/2" punch for the green. I stamped the 'rain' using black ink, onto the red portion of the circle to make my watermelon seeds. I threw the rest of it together and out popped this fun card.
Sometimes I surprise myself when I manage to think 'out of the box.'
Oh, one more thing....be sure to be ready for VMAA #2 this Saturday. What's VMAA you say? Well, it's a Virtual Meeting of the AMuse Addicts. A Muse Addicts? Yup, there's a whole website dedicated to A Muse Addicts! You can find it here. VMAA #2 takes place this Saturday from 8-10pm Central. Here's some info I cut and pasted from the A Muse Addicts website:
- Here are the rules for the night:* VMAA starts at 8pm CST.
- There will be four challenges, each lasting 30 minutes.
- Each challenge will be posted in a separate thread in this VMAA section.
- You are to complete the challenge in 30 minutes (30 minutes from the time you start). Uploading may be done at a different time (i.e not part of your 30 minute limit).
- If you can't participate in real time (i.e during the VMAA event), please feel free to play along - JUST time yourself and don't use more than 30 minutes. We are using the honor system here!
- Link to your creation on the challenge that you are participating by 8pm CST Sunday April 27th.
- We will pick winners at RANDOM from all that post their links to the challenge thread... i.e. FOUR winners!
- HAVE FUN and don't stress.
Sound like fun? Come join us! I'll be participating this time, too. You can find more info on the A Muse Addicts website under the Challenges/Contests section where there is a subheading titled VMAA.