Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I had quite the weekend! I missed my son's basketball game on Saturday to attend my best friend's sister's baby shower. It was at the most beautiful home, with the most fabulous food, and the cake was scrumptious!!! She was given the cutest little pair of baby slippers that I just had to take a picture of to share with you. I just haven't had a chance to upload it yet. LOL. Unfortunately, I missed a good game and the boy's lost their first game of the season by 2 baskets. Darn it!

Sunday night I attended a geriatric convention...... I mean, a Barry Manilow concert. It was as Vegas-y and cheesy as you'd imagine but it was so fabulous!!! When you walked through the doors to the events center, they were handing out glow-sticks. No lighters or cell phone lights for this event! It was like a sea of blue glow sticks during those favorite slow songs. Barry looked and sounded fabulous. So glad I went. 

I thought I'd share a card from tonight's cancelled class with you. You can see what you missed, LOL! Hopefully I'll see some of you locals at the next one. The Easter samples are on display at Stampin-In-The-Rain. Drop by and take a look! 


Stamps: 2-2229F Carrot Car, 8-8531C 24 carrot friend
Papers: French Roast, Grass Kitchen, Orange Crush
Accessories: Marvy Yellow scallop circle punch, lime edged sheer ribbon, orange stitched grosgrain

3 comments:

Dawn said...

That carrot car is so cute! The "convention" you went to sounds like a blast!!!

Unknown said...

Psst.. I went to see BM in Vegas a few years ago and took my husband and my friend and her husband with me. I think we were the youngest ones there. haha.

Beth Thomas said...

This is adorable! Wish I could take one of your classes!
Barry- what a walk down memory lane that would be- sounds like so much fun! My next concert "opportunity" is the total opposite extreme. I'm taking my older DD to see the Jonas Brothers, again. This is for their new tour and I WILL remember ear plugs this time! I had difficulty with my hearing for a week afterwards- not the music but all the little girls screaming!