Monday, March 23, 2009

I am so glad we pay someone to clean up our yard for us! Our yard guy came yesterday and worked for several hours and my yard just looks fabulous! Everything has been edged, trimmed, raked, fertilized, the roof had everything blown off that didn't need to be there, and the gutters were cleaned. Worth every penny! My DH hates doing yard work and I'm highly allergic to trees, weeds, and grasses. I can tell the tree pollen has been astronomical of late as my eyes have been burning and itchy. Yup, Spring has finally arrived in the PNW! 

It's also been raining on and off the past few days. At work, it will be raining babies soon. I have 3 co-workers expecting babies within a short span of each other. We have one female co-worker that's pregnant and 2 male co-workers whose wives are pregnant. For the female co-worker we've had a monthly shower where each month the shower is a different theme. Like one month is socks, another month might be bibs, another tops, etc. I haven't participated in any because I work from home but I will show up at the last shower for her with my gift. The guys will each be getting a baby shower, too. So, today I'm sharing my idea for a shower card:


Stamps: 9-8545C Congratulations RM, 2-7169D Umbrella
Papers: Blush, brown kitchen, sage green 4-bar, Juliette (sage)
Accessories: clear Twinkle Dots

You could easily substitute an 'It's a Shower!' sentiment if you prefer, but I think this works great for either a baby shower card or a wedding shower card. You can just change up the colors to match any baby or wedding color theme. 

It's almost time for the new release! Just a few more days! Better yet, visit your local A Muse carrying retailer and pick them up today! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

another cute card! i really like the umbrella/sentiment composition.

Anonymous said...

So cute Novell! This is a simple, yet powerful card!

Anonymous said...

Perfect shower card! Love how it came out.

Dawn said...

Love your yard guy! You are so smart to have someone else do the jobs you don't enjoy!

Lori Barnett said...

Awesome shower card Novell. And the colors can go for boy or girl!! That's great!

Anonymous said...

Cute card, Novell. I love the umbrella stamp.

Michellem said...

Love how you masked the sentiment -I've never seen that done before!