Thursday, May 31, 2012





















I recently ordered a milk carton die made by a well known manufacturer. I love it! It's really cute, but it's pretty tiny. I wanted a bigger carton, so using the same format as the die, I just made a bigger carton with a piece of cardstock and my scoring tool. VoilĂ ! I have my desired carton size. Since I don't have the new mustache set from A Muse, I used the old one, Foiled Again! I also die cut a scalloped circle from my Petite Dot Cherry cardstock, a plain circle from Sleepy Hollow cardstock, then stamped, embossed, and trimmed the mustache and attached it with foam tape to the circle. I then taped the circle to the fun paper party straw from my stash with some lime green washi tape. I loooove me some washi tape!

For one of the days during Teacher Appreciation week, I actually purchased some new, unused milk cartons from a shop nearby full of random goodies, and filled it with mini homemade chocolate chip cookies. Takes milk and cookies to a whole new level, don't you think?

How do you close this carton, you say? Well! I purchased some small metal binder clips from one of my favorite stores, Tarjay (Target), then wrapped some washi tape over the metal binding. Close up the top, clip on the binder clip, and off you go! You could probably glue it shut, too, but where's the cute in that?

3 comments:

Pamela Fredrickson said...

You go girl! This milk carton is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Super cute! They need to make a bigger die!

Anonymous said...

Too cute Novell!!!! Wish you were one of my parents :)