Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sea of Love - Day 3

I don't know how many times I created a card for Day 3's post before I finally felt like I got it right. I decided to use my Slice and the Under the Sea cartridge to cut this piece of coral from A Muse Blush cardstock. Yup, you heard me right. It's 8.5" x 11" solid colored cardstock. I'm so excited to have several solid colors released as full papers. I sponged a little SU Cameo Coral along the edges of the coral, then adhered it onto a bit of Sky cardstock with lightly sanded edges. I stamped the cute little mini fishes with navy ink, then cut and glued them in place. I added a few air bubbles with micro clear Twinkle dots, then layered the whole thing on some Ocean Blue, then onto a natural white 4-bar notecard.


I love the new sentiment 'seas the day' for the empowering message it brings. Just take the day by charge and make it what you will! Seas the Day!!

10 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Novell! The sponging on the "coral" is great and the colors are such a wonderful combo! Love it!

cheiron said...

So pretty Novell! Love the coral..it's perfect with those fishies!

jenn shurkus said...

love your coral novell ;) enjoying the soft colors of this card!!

jill Grace said...

beautiful card! the coral is perfect with these little fishes. It not only sends a powerful message, but sends a peaceful tone

Glenda J said...

The coral is PERFECT! Great card.

Anonymous said...

You got it! The coral is awesome! Love your card!

Elena said...

This is just a lovely card, Novell!

Jennie M said...

SO creative and pretty Novell!

Jenn said...

The coral is perfect for this little scene! Great thinking!

Dawn said...

Perfect coral!