Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Don't Mess with Texas!

Over the next day or two I'd like to share pictures with you from my trip to Texas. My sister and I went to visit our dad over the weekend. It was a short trip but one filled with activity. Getting out of Seattle was a bit of a hassle, thanks to our flight out of town being delayed then cancelled but we finally did manage to leave the Emerald City to head to Longhorn territory. I wanted to share things in order that they happened but I don't have all my pictures downloaded yet so I'm going to keep this relatively brief until I do.





I really wanted to see 2 things while I was in Texas. One was a random armadillo wandering down the road and the other was a real Texas longhorn. We didn't get pictures of the first longhorn we passed but managed to get my dad to stop along the road on our way to a nearby town's craft fair when we saw this guy. He was grooming the brown cow when we pulled up. It was very sweet. He groomed her for a long time and it didn't seem to bother her one bit. I never did get to see an armadillo.

Another stop we made during our visit was to the town of Gruene. We stopped in a gift shop there and found a few interesting things.





So that's it for today. I'm still not caught up from my trip out of town. I don't have my Christmas decorations up yet and my kids are anxious for me to get started on that. I caught up on my laundry, got half my house cleaned, and went to my oldest son's Holiday Concert held by the middle school band. I'll share pics of those soon, too. I worked all day yesterday, catching up on work emails, but have lots of other work items to get caught up on. Never a dull moment around here.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an fun visit to the Lone Star State! Gruene is a certainly a great place to visit. Sorry you didn't get to see an armadillo - they are nocturnal so you won't see too many wandering the roads in the daylight.