Thursday, March 1, 2012

Keep Swimming!

a muse studio stamps: Chevrons, Keep Swimming
a muse studio papers: Sugar, Eucalyptus
a muse studio ink: Ocean pigment inkpad
Other: Copics, crystal glaze, Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad

Chevron stripes have become the latest trend. Seems like I've seen them everywhere! With this card, I decided to use the chevron stripes as waves. I know two kids who are fighting two different types of cancer right now, and it was with them in mind that I created these cards. One is a sophomore boy in high school who has leukemia and the other is a 7th grade girl in middle school who is fighting cancer on her spine. These kids both come from two wonderfully supportive families. While they are all so strong facing these challenges head on, I know they must feel defeated at times. So, this is my hope for them... that they just keep swimming. Both have great prognoses for recovery.


(Had some old notecards to use up. These striped notecards are no longer available)

2 comments:

Michellem said...

LOVE your chevron waves!

Pamela Fredrickson said...

Awesome cards! I love how you used the chevron like waves. Will def. CASE this!