Saturday, July 25, 2009

I love Monsters!!

Supplies: PP by October Afternoon (Night Light line); solid blue paper for inverted scallop circle by A Muse; ribbon by SU; scales punched w/small oval punch from SU; American Crafts Thickers; A Muse Micro Twinkle Dots (colored w/copic); Copics and Spica glitter pens; lime green Stickles; Nestabilities inverted scallop die

My oldest has a birthday party to go to today. I happened to stop at Michaels last night because I had heard they received a lot of new merchandise. I found an adorable monster clear set by Recollections that I just couldn't pass up. I didn't have a coupon but it was only $7.99. I paired the set up with the little monster set from My Cute Stamps by using the flames image and a sentiment for the inside. I got the idea for the scales from this card by my fellow Muse, Beth Thomas. Since I didn't have any lime green Thickers on hand, I colored some white ones with my YG05 Salad Copic marker. Worked like a charm!

Now this card might look a little juvenile for a 13yr old but my son and his friends give each other Dora, Elmo, Thomas the Train cards for each other's birthdays as a joke. This card will be perfect for its recipient! Happy Birthday, Steven!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love monsters too :)

Beth Thomas said...

Absolutely love this! The layout is awesome. Great idea to color the Thickers!

Lori Barnett said...

this is GREAT! I love the bright color!