Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Vintage Saltbox

My husband is sick with the flu so I took advantage of his extra sleeping to find my creative mojo. When I get really busy, my mojo tends to leave me because my brain can't focus on stamping but last night I just fought with myself and focused. I blog hopped and gallery hopped to get inspired to do some creating. I also sat and stared at my stamps for a while, willing them to pop into my head. I think it worked because I was able to create several cards.

One of the things I love about The Saltbox Studio images is how well they lend themselves to a vintage style. Using Kraft paper can also help to accomplish this so I cut some old SU Confetti Tan into a 4-bar notecard. I also took some A Muse black kitchen paper and cut it to layer on the 4-bar, sanding the edges for a shabby look. I knew I wanted to stamp the snowman onto the Kraft paper so I could use my colored pencils. White colored pencil on Kraft just instantly brings that shabby shic look, too. After I was done coloring my image, I layered it onto a piece of A Muse Hawthorne notecard and sanded the edges of that. Once I had everything together, I added the snow by making white dots with a Signo white gel pen all around the image. I put the sentiment 'You warm my heart' on the inside of the card.

Supplies: SU Retired Confetti Tan cardstock, A Muse black kitchen paper, A Muse Hawthorne; Images: Saltbox Studio Winter Wonder set; Ribbon: A Muse olive stitched; Accessories: Signo white gel pen, A Muse heart Twinkle Stickers

12 comments:

Becky Rusher said...

I love this, Novell! I am in awe of your coloring! Great job!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

Nicole said...

SO CUTE! Love the craft paper with the black.

Elena said...

This is one great card, Novell! When I need a creative boost, I bake so that the other side of my brain is working :)

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous coloring...love the Kraft paper!

jenstamps said...

This is FABULOUS!!! The colors are perfect!

Cindy said...

I love it Novell!
I love the new Avatar! Looks more like you do these days! I love the hair cut!
It was fun seeing you at CM today>)
Cindy

Dawn said...

Great card, Novell! You really got your mojo back with a vengeance!

Anonymous said...

Novell's stamping strategies revealed! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who waits for the epiphanies to hit. The card turned out great!

~amy~ said...

WOW! Lovely Novell...fabulous coloring!

Tisha said...

Awesome card, Novell!! Love the color combo and the kraft paper and the snow ... love it all!!

Lori Barnett said...

So CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I need to get my Kraft CS out and LEAVE it out to remind me to use it!