Tuesday, October 2, 2012

PaperCrafts Holiday Cards & More Vol. 7
















Whenever a special publication like the new PaperCrafts Holiday Cards & More, Vol. 7 comes out, I'm always inspired to create. Let's take this zippered gift card holder, for example. Betsy Veldman created a fun design which you can find on p. 115. I don't have the same products that Betsy used, but this design made it easy to adapt with images and products I actually DO have in my collection. Not only that, but I actually even had an empty matching gift card! This gift card came from Macy's a year or two ago. I like to keep empty gift cards on hand for card designs... it's a good thing I kept this one!

















Stamp sets from A Muse Studio: Snowy Day Background, Let it Snow, Making Spirits Bright
Ink from A Muse Studio: Winter Sky, Cherry, Fern, Ocean
Paper from A Muse Studio: Vanilla, Vintage Blueberry


I don't have the die that Betsy used to create the zipper so I pulled out my Cutterpede paper cutter with a perforating blade to create the zipper. I stamped the snowflake from A Muse Studio's Let it Snow cling set with their Ocean pigment ink onto some Shrinky Dink ® plastic. I used a circle punch to punch it out, then used a standard sized hole punch to create the hole for the twine. When it all shrinks up, the hole is the perfect size for putting twine or ribbon through without a fight. The cherry/white twine with a little jingle bell was the perfect touch for my pull tab.

I've got some more creations I'll be sharing which were also inspired by other designs in this issue. I know it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas, but hopefully, you'll be inspired to create, too.

1 comment: